For the next six years I developed my practice in South Portland, enjoyed a very satisfying and
rewarding dental practice and thought I would stay there until I retired. Fate led us to Dover-Foxcroft
and to people who value the importance of family and a unique quality of life.
We have four children, Hillary, Heather, Jeff and Chris who continue to provide our greatest joy
in their growth and love. We also have one son-in-law, Joe Caruso, who married Hillary in 2000.
Dr. Steinke has focused his ability to provide the highest quality care through dedicating himself
to nearly unparalleled continuing education. After graduating with Honors from the University of Iowa,
he completed a one-year general practice residency at the Maine Medical Center, where he focused on
increasing his skills in all aspects of dentistry and, in addition, took the medical rotation of
Anesthesiology. Also in the residency, Dr. Steinke gained extensive skills in dental trauma care,
working closely with oral surgeons.
Highlights of Dr. Dan Steinke's continuing education are as follows:
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry(MAGD)
- Alumni of the LD Pankey Institute with completion of the entire continuum plus the Master's Forum.
- Founding President of New England Masters Study Club, a group exclusively limited to AGD Masters who meet biannually to concentrate study on a specific aspect of dentistry under the direction of the finest instructors in the country.
- Dr. Steinke continues to spend over 25 days per year outside the office in continuing education.
A list of his membership organizations are as follows:
- Academy of General Dentistry - Master plus 2 Life Long Learning and Service Awards
- American Dental Association
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation- Fellow
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Pierre Fauchaud Academy
- Pankey Institute Alumni
- Maine Dental Association
- Maine Academy of General Dentistry (current president)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists - Master